Staff Performance Engineer
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1013824BR
What you'll do at
Are you interested in scaling a highly performant ecommerce platform and enabling developers and business teams understand where bottlenecks or issues exist in their services from a performance context?
Are you a self-starter who thrives in a startup-like culture and wants to work with a company which is defining and building the next generation of digital experiences that will have an impact on hundreds of millions of users?
Do you, as part of your job, want to contribute to the Open Source community to help improve the performance test and monitoring ecosystem?
If you answered YES to these questions, and you are the kind of engineer who enjoys working on complicated technical challenges, learning from and collaborating with experienced engineers... WE WANT TO TALK TO YOU!
• 7+ years’ experience in a performance engineering, capacity engineering or site reliability role for customer facing solutions preferably in ecommerce.
• Expert knowledge in Performance testing, profiling, tuning and monitoring tools, especially testing tools such as Silk Performer, Apache JMeter, or LoadRunner.
• Experience in coding/scripting languages such as Java, PHP, Python or Perl.
• Strong knowledge and experience with Databases (Relational and NoSQL) and/or caching solutions (Couchbase/Redis)
• Expert knowledge of technologies used in building scalable, distributed systems in virtualized cloud-like environments.
• Solid DevOps skills in troubleshooting live applications, assessing performance bottlenecks of applications running on Linux.
• Ability to successfully lead multiple projects while remaining highly technical.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Experience in production system operations (logging, telemetry, alerting etc.).
• Self-starter attitude required to experiment with new technologies, research technology trends and apply the results to performance problems
• Basic familiarity with continuous integration tools and frameworks like Jenkins, etc.
• Basic experience with Cassandra, KairosDB, Apache Solr, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark or Grafana and/or Big Data processing technologies.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts