Director Safety & Compliance-Sam's
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Asset Protection
- Job Function Asset Protection
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1013261BR
What you'll do at
- Analyzes data and financial reports to decrease injuries, losses and increase company profitability
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Develops and formulates safety, compliance, and accident prevention strategies, goals, and objectives
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Directs safety managers during crisis situations
- Directs the development and facilitation of safety and compliance training
- Ensures facilities are compliant with and execute safety and compliance policies, procedures, and regulations
- Provides overall direction
- 4 years experience developing, implementing, and managing safety programs.
- 4 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Occupational or Industrial Safety, Safety and Health Management, or related field and 5 years experience in safety, risk management, asset protection/loss prevention, or other regulatory or compliance-related field OR 9 years experience in safety, risk management, asset protection/loss prevention, or other regulatory or compliance-related field.
- 5 years experience in a regulatory role working with government agencies (for example, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Department of Transportation (DOT)).
- Law degree from an accredited law school.
- Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Occupational or Industrial Safety, Safety and Health Management, or related field.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents