Senior Product Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Product Management - Technology
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1013004BR
What you'll do at
Successful candidates should be quick learners, strategic thinkers, problem solvers, possess an entrepreneurial spirit, and feel extremely comfortable managing multiple cross functional products/programs. Candidates should have front-end eCommerce experience, and have a history of producing validated customer learnings in early stage programs using different methodologies such as lean startup, rapid prototyping, or design thinking.
What you’ll do
• Be the product owner for multiple parts of the core eCommerce shopping funnel for SamsClub.com
• Drive the product discovery process, implementation, testing, deployment and scaling for large complex, and ambiguous projects
• Push innovation for Sam’s shopping experiences and be a champion for members by putting their evolving needs above everything else
• Understand market and consumer trends around multi-channel eCommerce.
• Identify opportunities and gaps for Sam’s Club spanning all parts of the member shopping experience including assortment, pricing, marketing, site experience and fulfillment. These opportunities could be for different member segments or with one or more categories.
• Partner with relevant stakeholders across the organization to devise strategy to seize the opportunities or close the experience gaps and provide compelling best-in-class shopping experience for Sam’s Club members and/or categories.
• Create test & learn plans to validate assumptions, hypotheses and strategy.
• Influence prioritization of the product roadmap by evangelizing the opportunity and strategy with relevant teams across the company
• Accelerate execution of the strategy by leading cross-group alignment and prioritization.
• Manage vendor relationships where applicable
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• 5 years’ experience in eCommerce product management or marketing, business consulting, analytics or related field.
• Experience in conception, design, implementation, deployment and optimization for large scale products
• Must feel extremely comfortable managing multiple cross functional programs simultaneously
• Be comfortable in dealing with ambiguous situations
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills. Experience with eCommerce analytics is strongly preferred
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to persuade, communicate vision and motivate people at every level, cooperative working style
• Good project management skills
• Detail-oriented and strong follow-through
• Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• 2 years’ experience in front-end eCommerce product management including conversion rate optimization .
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents