Senior Director II Digital Product Development - Walmart Merchandising
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Product Management - Merchandising
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1012892BR
What you'll do at
.Do you love making an impact on customers? We serve over 40 million every single week.
Do you want to work on initiatives that deliver substantial value? All of our digital products are expected to deliver Billions in returns to our P&L.
Do you want to lead one of the industry’s biggest digital transformations? Why not do it at the world’s largest company.
Are you looking for better work/life balance and a great place to live? How would you like to live in an areas that is consistently ranked as one of the best places in the USA to live, is regularly listed as one of the fastest growing metro’s in the USA, and is ranked almost 10% below the national average cost of living, to name a few.
Regardless of what you are looking for in your new career, Walmart checks all of the boxes.
Merchandising is the heart of a retail business. There are millions of products in the world, but which ones should we carry in our stores? How should we design our shelves to show our customers the broadest assortment, but not run out of inventory? Where do we have costs built into the product lifecycle that we leverage technology to remove, enabling even better prices for our customers? These are some of the problems we are solving in the Digital Merchant Product organization.
Our digital product managers have been tasked with re-inventing the merchant. Like all product roles, we are obsessed with our customers and end users. We take crazy hard problems, work closely with our end users to prototype and design prototypes, and ultimately deliver great technology to enable merchants to make stronger, data-informed decisions, and automate or heavily simplify processes necessary to take action. We partner closely with teams across the organization to deliver on our ambitious solutions, most notably our industry leading data scientists and engineers in the Walmart Labs.
If you are ready to change the world, this role is for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Defines supplier matrix for assigned high-complexity business unit (BU)
- Develops and drives product development (PD) strategies for assigned high-complexity business unit (BU)
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Directs product development (PD) processes for assigned high-complexity business unit (BU) to drive overall strategy
- Directs the integration of cross-functional team strategies to drive a cohesive product strategy for assigned high-complexity business unit (BU)
- Drives financial performance for product development (PD) for assigned high-complexity business unit (BU)
- Provides overall direction
- 6 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Design, or related field and 8 years experience in design, merchandising, marketing, or related field OR 10 years experience in design, merchandising, marketing, or related field.
- 4 years experience working with graphic and textile design.
- 7 years experience managing departmental functions including management of cross-functional teams and finances.
- 8 years experience in product development or design.
- 8 years experience with retail financial metrics (for example, P&L, cost components).
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Retailing, or related field.
Strong merchandising business experience and relationships
Strategy/business case design and communication
Business process design/design thinking experience
Ability to lead UX proto design
Analytically savvy (understands how data can be used to solve business problems)
Subject matter expertise in merchandising domain to evaluate multi-disciplinary impacts of decisions
Understands financial/key metric impact of decisions
Exceptional judgment and communication
Team Leadership, management, and coaching
Recruitment of strong talent/relationships with end users
Project management experience
Tech Savvy enough to have moderately technical discussions with tech owner
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents