Advanced Analytics Specialist
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Supply Chain and Logistics
- Job Function Supply Chain and Logistics
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1010941BR
What you'll do at
Flawless Inventory Management is key to building a profitable and scalable ecommerce business. The Supply Chain Product Management & Analytics (SCPMA) team manages several core aspects of inventory management across Walmart.com and Jet.com, such as forecasting customer demand, purchasing to that demand, bringing end-to-end visibility to our supply chain performance and working on special projects to optimize the physical supply chain.
The Advanced Analytics Specialist is responsible for helping build best-in-class analytics tools and products to enable 200+ internal users to make critical business decisions, daily, using one of the richest data sets in the world. Your ultimate goal is to use data to rapidly release tools to enable the Supply Chain & Inventory operators, and then partner with our Engineering team to productionize these tools into sustainable products. You will learn the art and science of Analytics at an unsurpassed scale with the largest retailer on the planet. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams such as product, engineering, inventory managers, fulfillment operators, and retail team.
What you’ll be working on:
• Analytics: Work with large, messy, disparate datasets and conduct ad hoc “back of the envelope” analyses to quickly inform critical business decisions
• Product: Build innovative analytics products, and data infrastructure to bring clarity to our operators and enable them to make insightful decisions
•Project Management: Gain understanding of sometimes unarticulated business needs, translate strategic initiatives into detailed product specifications, and work with Product Managers on the team to catalyze product development
• Modeling: Develop and improve upon our methodology for demand forecasting and inventory replenishment logic with some of the best data scientists in the industry
• Strategy: Design scalable workflows and tools to automate processes that would otherwise be manual and time-consuming
You are a risk taker and a dreamer that delivers, doesn't take "it's not possible" for an answer, and has big ideas they can't wait to bring to life. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to have the pulse of what’s happening in the world and staying “in the know.” You have a passion for working with data to deliver actionable guidance and drive business performance. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change, and you thrive on taking anbiguity in stride.
Our team is small but mighty, which is why we are looking for a rock star Advance Analytics Specialist who will “leave no stone unturned – to identify the best possible solution” and will “Do what’s right for the customer – whether internal or external”.
• Expert at SQL, Excel and Python (preferred) - ability to manipulate large quantities of data to drive business decisions is a must
• Strong business acumen and scrappiness - you approach problems in a scientific manner but can also execute pragmatically
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated superb ability to independently frame problems, drive analysis, engage stakeholders
•BA/BS degree in Economics/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science or equivalent practical experience; MBA or relevant Master's Degree from a top-tier program is strongly preferred
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents