Systems Engineer II
- Location RESTON, VA
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1009903BR
What you'll do at
- Coordinates system changes with Customers and other system areas
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Develops and implements system solutions, within the guidelines identified in the Information Systems Development Life Cycle (ISDLC), that have high availability and scalability consistent with Customer needs
- Develops team member capabilities
- Ensures system performance
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Participates in team tasks
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related field and 1 and 1/2 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 5 years OR 3 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 5 years OR a Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related field.
- 1 year experience designing technical solutions in response to customer requests or changes in retail business.
- 1 year experience designing, leading, and implementing small- to medium-scale technology projects.
- 2 years experience in production support, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer and vendor relations.
- 2 years experience troubleshooting and recommending technical solutions.
- 2 years Experience with VMWare technologies such as VMWare ESXi, VMWare vSphere, vCenter Management, VMware Horizon View, vROps;
- 2 years experience with Windows Server Administration and Active Directory management; DNS, DHCP, and GPO management; Microsoft System Center technologies (SCOM, SCCM); Microsoft Security patch management with WSUS;
- ITIL Processes; and managing medium to large scale IT infrastructure..
Hello, D.C. Metro
National landmarks, museums, renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also a prime location for the future of tech.Discover D.C. Metro
The Lincoln Memorial
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
The National Mall
A symbol of freedom and equality, millions visit the Mall annually to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find voice.
Escape for a hike in the great outdoors at Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through the picturesque Mather Gorge.
Air and Space
Companion to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the Mall, the Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Wolf Trap National Park
This 117-acre park is a majestic natural setting for performances, dining and year-round recreational opportunities like hiking and sledding.
Fishing, boating, campgrounds, mini train, carousel, volleyball courts, golf course, disk golf, snack shop, picnic areas, playgrounds and mini-golf!
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
The final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families, honoring their service to our country.
City of Alexandria
Once among the 10 busiest ports in America, the city's historic character still remains; beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents