- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Supply Chain and Logistics
- Job Function Supply Chain and Logistics
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1009202BR
What you'll do at
• Responsibilities include:
• Develop a new program within the inbound Transportation team to manage carrier performance.
• Build out requirements for inbound scheduling processes at our sortable and nonsortable network.
• Build out requirements for LTL and TL carrier management and compliance.
• Oversee all carrier activities to drive FC and carrier compliance to improve MABD.
• Track and improve compliance to daily inbound forecast, carrier pick up, MABD, trailer turn, and yard to stock.
• Provide carrier and FC support for trailer prioritization and scheduling opportunities
• Monitor compliance of carriers, suppliers and FCs by gathering and analyzing data and providing feedback on operational performance.
• Ensures operational objectives are communicated to cross functional business partners and carriers to raise awareness of business performance by preparing and delivering presentations and reports.
• Facilitate ongoing discussion with carriers and FCs to ensure optimal performance.
• Articulate results of operational objectives to ensure alignment of priorities and responsibilities.
• Generate and review weekly reports, work with FCs/carriers to drive correction of errors, manage relationships with carriers and FCs. Generate analysis, scorecards, presentations, and recommendations to drive operational Inbound Transportation improvements.
• Develop scalable transportation projects to deliver improved KPIs.
• Develop, refine, and report on KPIs for the Operations leadership team and Walmart.com executive management.
• Troubleshoot data issues and work with internal business partners to derive and build customized reports to investigate opportunities.
• Build and sustain cross-functional relationships with internal/external business partners to best leverage assets for performance improvements.
• Assists in the development of and executes inbound supply chain initiatives, plans and strategies
• Ability to develop scalable operational processes to drive increase performance improvement.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once while ensuring deadlines are met and data output is accurate and appropriate for the business.
• Strong communicator and disseminator of information. Capacity to communicate complex concepts in easy-to-understand terminology.
• Must also be able to deal with ambiguity and make independent decisions about what data and approach is best for the task at hand.
• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in business processes and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans.
• Ensures integrity and efficiency of reports and data.
• Effective communication skills to reach multiple levels of the organization, including senior management and cross-functional groups.
• Strong people manager and ability to develop and train direct reports.
• Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, or Economics
• Preferred education: MBA or MS in one of above disciplines
• Required experience: 5+ years of experience in supply chain, logistics, transportation, or data analysis. 5+ years of people management in multiple areas
• Required experience: 5+ years of people management in multiple areas
• Preferred skills: VBA, Tableau, and Alteryx.
• Utilizes macro skills to build scalable processes and drive automation of daily tasks.
• Masters degree in supply chain, business, engineering, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or STEM related fields.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents