Senior Product Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Product Management - Technology
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1003670BR
What you'll do at
We are looking for a Product Owner to spearhead the development of the next generation forecasting solution for Walmart. Improved forecast accuracy will help drive down the inventory days of supply and reduce waste for perishable grocery – savings measured in billions of dollars – while improving our instocks.
Effectively predicting demand involves learning from past sales and modeling the effects price, promotions, store placements, local events, weather etc. Doing this a Walmart scale – over 500 M store item combinations - makes it one of the largest and most challenging problems of its kind in the world while also being the most impactful. Talk to us to if you are interested in taking up the challenge.
As a Product Manager you will play a unique role to drive product vision, define roadmaps, and work closely with key stakeholders to build the Smart Forecasting solution. You are responsible for bridging business and technology to drive innovation by owning the product lifecycle from concept through launch. Responsibilities include:
• Lead design, development, and deployment of the forecasting solution that drives replenishment for 0.5 B store items.
• Translate business strategies into product strategies, roadmaps, and product specifications that deliver customer benefits, meet financial goals, and ensure that systems and processes are setup to scale for explosive growth
• Partner with key stakeholders to define requirements, drive adoption, lead user acceptance testing, and address business and system issues
• Work with rock star engineering teams in a fast paced, agile development process
• Analyze data to provide actionable insights
• Communicate the benefits and champion the system throughout the organization
• Experience driving product vision and roadmaps with a track record of leading teams to deploy innovative solutions
• Demonstrated understanding of inventory planning and supply chain concepts in a retail environment
• Excellent data analysis skills along with expert level experience in Excel and SQL
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to champion products throughout the organization
• Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and tools
• Self starter with a strong attention to detail and an ability to deal with ambiguity
• Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
• Uncompromising commitment to the customer
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts