As a Walmart intern, you'll gain experience in your field, refine your skills, and have access to mentorship, all while laying the groundwork for your career.
Graduate & MBA opportunities
With Walmart and Sam’s Club, graduate students and recent grads have the opportunity to refine their skills while laying the foundation for a successful career.
E3 Finance Program
New and exciting opportunities
- Technology & Software Development FONTANA, CAAn exciting pilot internship program with one of the world's largest retailers.
This is a paid 10-week internship program beginning June 2017 based in a Walmart store, aimed at showcasing the Store Operations career path while focusing on development in areas of the business such as People, Merchandising, and Operations. If required, housing and relocation for the duration of the program will be the intern's responsibility. Throughout the internship program there may be an opportunity to travel up to one week at a time. This travel expense would be paid for by the company.
During the course of this immersive program, an intern will:
• Be assigned a business project to work on throughout the 10-week program to be presented to senior leadership the final week of the program
• Receive focused learning on how a Walmart store runs
• Ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures
• Model, enforce, and provide direction and guidance to hourly Associates on proper Customer service approaches and techniques to ensure Customer needs, complaints, and issues are successfully resolved within Company guidelines and standards.
• Participate in community outreach programs, and encourage and support hourly Associates in serving as good members of the community.
• Uphold the Company's Open Door Policy Learn More
- Accounting & Finance BENTONVILLE, ARThe Walmart Global Shared Services Internship Program is a highly visible, 11-week program designed to provide experiential learning and development opportunities for undergraduates. All internships are located in Bentonville, Arkansas.
As an intern, you will have an opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and innovative projects that will drive our business forward. Each intern will work on one or multiple strategically relevant projects that impact not only our business, but our customers. You will put classroom theory to the test by working on real business issues, as they relate to finance and accounting, at the world’s largest retailer.
Throughout your internship, you will receive leadership development, professional mentorship and technical training via cohort-based learning environments. There will also be many events for all interns company-wide, which are sponsored by the Corporate Intern Program, including the Executive Speaker Series, community volunteering, an intern/executive softball game, a distribution center tour, a Northwest Arkansas Naturals baseball game, etc. These events allow you to learn more about Walmart and develop relationships with interns across the company.
Global Shared Services Intern Placement Opportunities
• Accounts Payable
• Accounts Receivable
• Audit and Recoveries
• General Ledger
• Fixed Assets
• Controls and Compliance
• Operational Procurement
• Payroll Services Learn More
- Merchandising & Online Operations BENTONVILLE, AROur Walmart Merchandising Internships will provide you with hands on training in a retail environment. Join us for the summer and you'll work with a variety of merchandising team including: Buying, Planning, Pricing, Category Management, and Product Development. Take the theories and processes you've studied in school and put them into practice. As a Merchandising Intern, you'll have your own individually assigned project relating specifically to the business and team you'll work with. At the end of the 10 weeks, you'll get the chance to showcase your project before your team and Director or Vice-President. Note: All positions are in our Walmart Corporate Office located in Bentonville, Arkansas. Learn More
- Marketing & Customer Insights BENTONVILLE, ARThis position is responsible for a key strategy project for the Walmart Marketing team. The Marketing MBA Internship is a 10-week program designed to provide meaningful experiences for each individual. The program offers an opportunity to work on real world business issues, while being exposed to key leaders within the organization. The program is accentuated with a customized Marketing Project that will focus
on a specific issue within the Walmart Marketing organization. Opportunities exist within our Brand, Advertising, Seasonal, Category Marketing, and Private Brands teams.
As a Walmart intern, you will add to your practical work experience in the daily operations of the world's largest company and have the opportunity to be sponsored by a key leader within the organization. Networking opportunities with program alumni, managers, and an assigned mentor ensure that your summer will be fast-paced and productive. Finally, the internship will close with the opportunity to present your project results to senior officers within Marketing, as well as the potential to present to a panel of our Chief Executives.
Marketing acumen & Strategy recommendations: Individual should demonstrate up-to-date expertise in marketing and apply this to the development and execution of recommendations. He / She should apply best practices to aligning the organization on output that meet customer and business needs while building commitment for the proposal and supporting rationale. (examples: competitive analysis, syndicated research, proprietary customer insights, etc). He / she should demonstrate the ability to write a marketing brief demonstrating a clear understanding of the business strategy, marketing objective, target customer, customer insight, and desired behavior change, ultimately resulting in a behavior-changing marketing program.
Stakeholder alignment: The individual should achieve alignment for the program by building stakeholder networks including working with business partners to understand the business challenge, collaborating cross-functionally within marketing and our agency partners to develop a strategy, and influencing cross functionally to implement a recommendation.
Campaign implementation and performance tracking: Individual should create and execute an implementation plan for the recommendation developed. If implemented in time, he / she should oversee tracking of the initiative performance working with the appropriate internal stakeholders to track and measure performance (for example; sales, customer perception changes, traffic increases, customer engagement etc.) and determine future campaign plans based on the findings (examples: In-store merchandising, Advertising, promotional events etc).
Budget adherence: The individual should track and manage the project budget, reconcile any overages, enforce financial controls, and liaise with Finance to manage reporting and ensure that spending does not exceed the approved budget.
Compliance: Individual should model compliance with company policies and procedures to support the company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development of the business plan. Learn More
- Optical WYOMING, MI
- Completes work assignments and priorities
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Maintains merchandise presentation in the Optical area
- Maintains the Optical area in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Provides optical clinical care
- Receives and stocks merchandise/supplies from distribution centers and suppliers and organizes and maintains the Optical Area
- Sells Optical products and services
- Supports Optical care and services to Customers