Each year, our drivers travel over 700 million miles and deliver countless loads of merchandise to Walmart and Sam's Club locations across the nation—all while remaining one of the largest and safest fleets on the road.
Walmart drivers have a sense of pride in their purpose because they see the value in helping people to live better.
Our careers give Walmart drivers the freedom to be their own boss and feel respected as an individual at work.
With a 300 mile average length-of-haul and a regular work schedule, reset hours at home, not on the road.
The number one reason our drivers leave is retirement — our turnover is one of the lowest in the industry! Don’t miss out on this great opportunity.
What You’ll Need
- An Interstate (Class A) Commercial Driver's License with Hazmat endorsement (including cleared background check) or will obtain HAZMAT endorsement (with cleared background check) within 120 calendar days of date of hire.
- A minimum of 30 months experience working in a full-time Class A tractor/trailer driving position in the previous 4 years.
- No more than two (2) moving violations while operating a personal or commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No serious traffic violations while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No DUI, DWI, OUI, or reckless driving involving alcohol/drugs convictions within the last ten (10) years.
- No preventable accidents* while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No preventable* DOT recordable accidents (collisions resulting in disabling damage and/or immediate medical treatment away from the scene) while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last ten (10) years.
- No preventable accidents* resulting in a fatality or catastrophic injury in driving history (commercial motor vehicle).
Allyson "Cadillac" Hay, Walmart "Elite Fleet" Driver
Why be a Walmart Driver?
Benefits from Day One
- Earn PTO immediately—up to 21 days in your first year
- 401K, medical, and dental
- Company paid life insurance and short term disability
- Up to four paid safety days a year
Payment for Everything
- Leading industry pay
- Activity, training, and mileage pay from day one
- Quarterly safe driving bonuses
- $42.00 for DOT 10 hour break
Weekly Home Time
- No split days off—consecutive days of work
- Variety of schedules available
- Regionalized delivery and home every week
The Tools to Succeed
- New tractors are eligible for replacement at 525,000 miles
- Condo style sleepers (except day cabs)
- Fully equipped on-site maintenance facility staffed daily
- Qualified maintenance technicians
Walmart drivers leave when it’s time to retire because of our company culture and unheard of benefits; such as payment for everything from training to unscheduled time, and three weeks paid vacation. We offer a career for life.