Application Help (FAQ)
I’m having issues applying online. Who can I contact for help?
For issues applying online for an hourly position in a Walmart store or Sam’s Club, please review our FAQs page for more information. If you continue to experience issues, please reach out to the Personnel Manager at the store or club.
For issues applying online for positions with the Home Office, Transportation, Logistics or Field Management, please visit this page and click the ? Help link in the top right corner for assistance.
I submitted an application to Walmart and I have yet to hear back – who can I contact?
Thank you for your interest in Walmart. Please note that personal restrictions on store location, position, or schedule can result in limited matching opportunities within a store. Due to the large volume of applications received for each location, please ensure you keep your store, position, and schedule preferences updated.
Can I sign up for job alerts for Walmart openings?
Yes, you can sign up for job alerts once you conduct a job search for positions you are interested in by entering your email address into the Job Alerts box.
What is the average length of time it takes for a recruiter to follow-up with an applicant?
For most positions, you must be at least 16 years old to work at Walmart or Sam's Club. Certain positions, however, require that you be at least 18 years old. To apply for opportunities you are qualified for, you can visit our Hiring Kiosk in any Walmart or Sam's Club location or at: www.walmart.com/apply.
What is the minimum age to apply for a job at Walmart or Sam’s Club?
For many positions, you must be at least 16 years old to work at Walmart or Sam’s Club. Certain positions, however, require that you be at least 18 years old. To apply for opportunities you are qualified for, you can visit our Hiring Kiosk in any Walmart or Sam’s Club location or apply online at: www.walmart.com/apply.
How do I reset my PIN number when I apply online or at the Hiring Kiosk?
Please go to your local Walmart store and the Personnel Manager can retrieve the PIN number for you.
What are the minimum qualifications for a driver job?
Minimum qualifications for Walmart drivers:
- Interstate (Class A) Commercial Drivers License with Hazmat endorsement (including cleared background check) or will obtain HAZMAT endorsement (with cleared background check) within 60 days post conditional offer.
- Minimum of 30 months experience working in a full-time Class A tractor/trailer driving position in the previous 3 years.
- No more than two (2) moving violations while operating a personal or commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No serious traffic violations while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No convictions for a DUI, DWI, OUI, or reckless driving involving alcohol/drugs within the last ten (10) years.
- No preventable accidents* while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No preventable* DOT recordable accidents (collisions resulting in disabling damage and/or immediate medical treatment away from the scene) while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last ten (10) years.
- No preventable accidents* resulting in a fatality or catastrophic injury in driving history (commercial motor vehicle).
- *The preventability of any accidents will be determined by Walmart based on the ATA Guidelines.
Does Walmart provide career development training for associates?
Yes, we aim to provide the tools and resources to help associates achieve their career goals. Please read more about our training and development programs here: http://careers.walmart.com/about-us/working-here/
What is the deadline for internship/co-op applications?
We will begin posting our internship opportunities online in January. The most effective way to search for an internship opportunity is to type “intern” into the keyword search box.
When will Walmart recruiters be on my campus?
You can find out more about Campus Recruiting events here: http://careers.walmart.com/events/
I just graduated and am looking for an internship. How can I apply?
In order to qualify for an internship, you must currently be a student – either going into your junior or senior year, or getting ready to attend graduate school, or in the summer of your graduate school.
Does Walmart sponsor visa candidates?
Walmart is committed to complying fully with the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA). Walmart provides sponsorship for work visas and legal permanent residence for certain professional or specialized management positions.
What are the advantages of working at Walmart?
Walmart provides great jobs with competitive wages, medical benefits and 401K programs for eligible associates. We know that taking care of yourself and your family’s health is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we offer benefits with great coverage and protection for our associates. Read more about our benefits here: http://careers.walmart.com/about-us/working-here/
Are there employee discounts offered for Walmart associates?
Yes, in addition to the Associate Discount Card associates receive after their 90th day of employment, associates have access to more than 375 discounts on things like wireless phone service, sports tickets, travel and entertainment, and even car purchases.
What is the Walmart Get Referred program?
This exciting program allows candidates to get referred to Home Office positions in Bentonville, AR by current Walmart associates with a simple search feature using social media. Please visit our Get Referred page to find out how your connections can help you find a great position with Walmart.