Walmart drivers deliver more than products to our stores. They ensure that our mission of Every Day Low Prices reaches our customers and communities. Our private fleet of over 7,200 drivers, 6,000 tractors, 53,500 trailers and 5,600 refrigerated trailers traveled approximately 700 million miles last year, and did it as one of America’s safest private fleets. Our goal is to create trucking advancements that deliver more savings to our customers and cleaner air. We’re aiming to make our fleet 100% more energy efficient by 2015. This includes keeping 26 billion pounds of carbon dioxide out of the air between now and 2020.
Driving for Walmart means:
- No hand loading/unloading
- Excellent equipment, maintenance, uniforms and pay
- Streamlined operations
- Working for a global and constantly growing company
- Being a leader in the transportation industry
Minimum qualifications for Walmart drivers
- Interstate (Class A) Commercial Drivers License with Hazmat endorsement (including cleared background check) OR will obtain Hazmat endorsement (with cleared background check) within 120 calendar days of date of hire.
- Minimum of 30 months experience working in a full-time Class A tractor/trailer driving position in the previous 3 years.
- No more than two (2) moving violations while operating a personal or commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No serious traffic violations while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No convictions for a DUI, DWI, OUI, or reckless driving involving alcohol/drugs within the last ten (10) years.
- No preventable accidents* while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No preventable* DOT recordable accidents (collisions resulting in disabling damage and/or immediate medical treatment away from the scene) while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last ten (10) years.
- No preventable accident* resulting in a fatality or catastrophic injury in driving history (commercial motor vehicle).
*The preventability of any accidents will be determined by Walmart based on the ATA Guidelines
Note: The applicant must live within 250 miles of the facility to which she/he is applying; or be willing to establish residence within 250 miles of the facility prior to the first day of work (orientation).