Drive for Walmart
Each year, Walmart OTR truck drivers travel approximately 700 million miles, delivering merchandise to Walmart and Sam’s Clubs, all the while remaining one of the largest and safest private fleets in the world. A first year Walmart truck driver earns an average of $82,000. Our equipment is maintained by professional technicians and our drivers are supported by a management team that understands the needs of drivers. With a 300 mile average length of haul and a regular work schedule, Walmart gets you home to reset hours - you don’t reset on the road. Our turnover is one of the lowest in the industry for good reason…this is a job many professionals leave only for retirement. Sam Walton said it 25 years ago and it’s still true today: “Walmart drivers are the safest drivers on the road. It’s a culture that helps us deliver Every Day Low Prices to customers.”
Note: The applicant must live within 250 miles of the facility to which she/he is applying; or be willing to establish residence within 250 miles of the facility prior to the first day of work (orientation). See minimum qualifications.
Walmart Supports Diversity in Our Private Fleet
Minimum qualifications for Walmart drivers
- Interstate (Class A) Commercial Drivers License with Hazmat endorsement (including cleared background check) OR will obtain Hazmat endorsement (with cleared background check) within 120 calendar days of date of hire.
- Minimum of 30 months experience working in a full-time Class A tractor/trailer driving position in the previous 3 years.
- No more than two (2) moving violations while operating a personal or commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No serious traffic violations while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No convictions for a DUI, DWI, OUI, or reckless driving involving alcohol/drugs within the last ten (10) years.
- No preventable accidents* while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No preventable* DOT recordable accidents (collisions resulting in disabling damage and/or immediate medical treatment away from the scene) while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last ten (10) years.
- No preventable accident* resulting in a fatality or catastrophic injury in driving history (commercial motor vehicle).
*The preventability of any accidents will be determined by Walmart based on the ATA Guidelines
Note: The applicant must live within 250 miles of the facility to which she/he is applying; or be willing to establish residence within 250 miles of the facility prior to the first day of work (orientation).
Driving for Walmart means:
- No hand loading/unloading
- Excellent equipment, maintenance, uniforms and pay
- Streamlined operations
- Working for a global and constantly growing company
- Being a leader in the transportation industry