Walmart drivers deliver more than products to our stores. They ensure that our mission of Every Day Low Prices reaches our customers and communities. Our private fleet of over 7,200 drivers, 6,000 tractors, 53,500 trailers and 5,600 refrigerated trailers traveled approximately 700 million miles last year, and did it as one of America’s safest private fleets. Our goal is to create trucking advancements that deliver more savings to our customers and cleaner air. We’re aiming to make our fleet 100% more energy efficient by 2015. This includes keeping 26 billion pounds of carbon dioxide out of the air between now and 2020.
Driving for Walmart means:
- No hand loading/unloading
- Excellent equipment, maintenance, uniforms and pay
- Streamlined operations
- Working for a global and constantly growing company
- Being a leader in the transportation industry
Minimum qualifications for Walmart drivers:
- Interstate (Class A) Commercial Drivers License with Hazmat endorsement (including cleared background check) or will obtain HAZMAT endorsement (with cleared background check) within 60 days of a conditional job offer.
- Over the road tractor trailer experience in each of the last three years.
- No preventable accidents resulting in a fatality while operating a commercial motor vehicle in your lifetime.
- No more than 1 non-preventable accident while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three years.
- No more than 2 moving violations while operating a personal or commercial motor vehicle in the last three years.
- No serious traffic violations while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three years.
- No preventable accidents while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three years.
- No convictions for a DUI, DWI, OUI, or reckless driving with alcohol/drugs involved within the last ten years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents (e.g., fatality, disabled vehicle required towing, requiring medical care) while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last ten years.
Questions about applying to be a Walmart truck driver? Call 1-800-WALMART and ask for Driver Recruiting.