This is a movement.
At Walmart Logistics, each and every team member touches lives every single day. Our associates and drivers ship to over 200 million customers—our job is to get each package where it needs to go every time. How do we do it?
One package at a time. One person at a time.
Product arrives from the supplier
Product arrives at one of the 160 distribution centers
- 1 million sq ft
- 12 miles of conveyor belt
- 42 regional centers
- 5.5 billion cases of merch
Product is transported by over 7,500 drivers drivers nationwide
Product is placed on shelves by over 1 million Walmart associates
Product is available to more than 200 million customers every week
Movers & Shakers
It’s our job to keep things constantly moving. And it takes a lot of us to accomplish this—some distribution centers require over 1,000 associates.
- 2.2 Million Global Associates
- 4,000 Stores in the U.S. = 1.2 Million U.S. Associates
- 160 Distribution Centers = 85,000 DC Associates
- > 1,000 Associates in Largest Distribution Centers
“We’re the when and how of delivering everyday low prices.”
Movin’ On Up!
At Walmart Logistics, where you start is never where you end up. We’ve created strategic career paths that constantly offer opportunities to move forward.
With over 85,000 associates across more than 160 distribution centers, we think we’re doing something right.
Stick with us. We’ll get you where you want to be.
The Walmart Business Model:
An American Success Story
We have several types of distribution centers that support Walmart and Sam’s Club operations. We’re a little biased, but we think it’s the most advanced retail distribution network in the world. And we need you to keep it moving.
- Regional Distribution Centers are the heart and soul of our logistics operations. The average "D.C." serves 90-100 stores in their region. Our 42 facilities utilize 12 miles of conveyor belts to keep products moving.
- Fashion, Optical, Jewelry, and Grocery Distribution Centers are each unique facilities. As their names imply, they support Walmart stores and other distribution centers by shipping specialized products to their network.
- Fulfillment Centers make Walmart's vision of "a seamless shopping experience at scale" possible by offering fast shipping to both homes and stores—whatever ways our customers choose.
Learn more about our expanding Fulfillment Center network:
Are you a mover or a shaker? Here's just a few of the opportunities within our Distribution Centers:
- Loaders manage freight flow by moving, loading, sorting, and scanning freight.
- Unloaders manage freight deliveries, keep track of freight, maintain freight records, and—of course—unload freight.
- Order Fillers are essential to getting our products where they need to go—they process facility orders, pull merchandise, stack freight, and label shipments.
- Maintenance Technicians ensure our distribution centers keep things moving, from general repairs to troubleshooting equipment.
- Transportation Managers serve as an extension of Walmart Transportation within the facility to plan, direct, and optimize shipping.