I'm researching, developing and procuring the best products for our customers.
I'm Making Better Possible.Jamie, Senior Buyer
Working At Walmart
Our associates are the heart of our business. As Sam Walton said, “Our people make the difference.” Working here means opportunity for you and your career.
What does Making Better Possible mean? Well, for tens of thousands of people every year, a job at one of our Stores or Clubs opens the door to a better life. Our Home Office in Bentonville, Arkansas is made up of professionals from every corner of the globe, working to save customers money in new and better ways. And our eCommerce division extends our reach and brings the store experience to people’s homes. Making Better Possible is our mission and reason for being – whether we’re putting a community to work, sourcing from local merchants or saving people money.
- We employ 2.2 million associates globally
- We provide roughly 300 jobs every time we open a Supercenter
- In 2012, women accounted for 53% of hourly promotions in our U.S. stores
- About 75% of our store management teams began as hourly associates, and they earn between $50,000 and $170,000 a year
- In 2013, we promoted about 170,000 people to jobs with more responsibility and higher pay
- Depending on the time of year, there are approximately 15,000 – 50,000 job openings at Walmart
- eCommerce recruits entrepreneurs, technologists, data scientists and consumer Internet professionals around the world – with more than 1,500 associates in Silicon Valley, Sao Paulo and Bangalore
- The Walmart and Sam’s Club Home Offices are nestled amid the Ozark Mountains in Bentonville, Arkansas — the nation’s 6th fastest growing region